First Playable

 Week 08

First Playable

This week, the work with my project had its ups and downs, I had a bit of trouble with the assets where I kept deleting the different prefab folders and this made my entire scene disappear and it was a huge shock, I thought I wasn't able to get it back but I went onto the unity assets page and was able to import it again, I was so relieved you don't even know. Other than that things were going good this week
The two main things I did this week were:

Moving Background:
I managed to get the background city to repeat itself to give the illusion of the player on an endless level. It took a couple of tries before I could get the transition perfect but I got there in the end. 


I had it so that the whole scene would move towards the player and then it would slingshot back to the start looking like this. It was surprisingly easy, there wasn't a lot of code that went into it. 

Fire-Ball Projectiles:
I added a sphere shape to the front of the dragon character then put this fireball texture over it 


I really like how the design of the fire-balls came out, It wasn't too hard to do it either I turned them into a prefab to make sure that they would spawn as the same thing, I added a gameObject statement in the PlayerController script, then dragged the prefab into the slot in unity so that they would come from the player.
I also made another script that made them get destroyed when they're off the screen, there was a bit of confusion around this part because I put in the wrong value because I put in a positive 50 which made no difference and didn't destroy it when I realized this I changed it to a -50 and it was working all good.

Some things that I have planned for next is getting around to making a random spawner to bring the enemies and other objects like houses and some trees for the player to dodge.
I plan to make the objects invulnerable to the fire balls and the dragons be vulnerable to the fire balls.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog

Alpha

Game Brainstorm