Unity Tutorial 03

 Week 05

Unity Tutorial 03


After completing all the tutorials this week I can say that this was the one that I had the most trouble with. In these tutorials, we had to make a piece of land and put our characters and animals on it.
We then set the boundaries of the character for moving side to side, I think this would be useful to learn because it would be something that I would need in the game I'm making.
Then I took a food item as an asset added a move forward script to it. Then I learned about prefabs and turning this projectile into one so that my character could throw the food at the animals constantly without having to make so many of them.
I assigned this shoot button to the spacebar in my Script, so that I could rapidly throw them at the animals as a "food fight".
Since there were so many projectiles being spawned I needed to destroy them as they went off-screen so I added a line of code to state that they will destroy when they have gone a certain distance.
The animals would also be approaching the player and when they move off the screen they would need to disappear to allow others to spawn in at the top for the player to keep playing so I applied the same principle of adding a destroy command.
I learned how to use a randomizer in this tutorial because the animals needed to be different when they would spawn in to make it more accurate to the real world, so I assigned the S key to spawn in a random animal to walk down to approach the player, then follow that with a space key to through some food at it.
It was a fun tutorial but it took me so long because of some tiny errors that i was trying to figure out in total this took me 4 hours and 30 minutes to complete the entire sequences I was given this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog

Alpha

Game Brainstorm