Alpha

 Week 09

Project Alpha

It is coming up to the final weeks of the project and I have to say that I am making decent progress, this week I mainly tied up some loose ends with my game such as making the enemies this week spawn randomly others would be:
  1. Giving grid boundaries so that the enemies spawn within the play area.
  2. Making Box Colliders to each the enemies as well as the player character and the fireballs.
  3. Arranging the dragon and fireball prefabs in my game.
  4. Creating random spawn generation for the dragon enemies.

Box Colliders


This was really confusing for me throughout this week's work because I couldn't find why they weren't showing and then I found out that I didn't have the button "Box Editor" selected, I wasted so much time trying to find out what was wrong with it.
When they were showing up they weren't following the player, but again I was looking at the one in the hierarchy but the prefab one was. I added a destroy-on collision rule so that when the fireballs hit the enemies they would disappear. The player also disappears at the moment it touches the enemy, I don't want this in the long run. I want the player to hit the enemy and fall and die on the spot and the background to stop moving.

Boundaries & Enemy Spawn


This was a simple little bit of code so that the enemies spawn within the region, this is to prevent them from spawning all throughout the world or even inside the buildings, this will also make it clearer to maneuver between them while dodging.

DragonBall and Dragon Prefabs


Many times throughout this project I've been deleting prefabs that I don't think I need but then a missing game object notification happens and I need to redo things, I shouldn't be deleting them and next time I think I need to I will reflect on the last two weeks from all the other times I did the exact same thing.

The project is progressing pretty well so far I had hoped to get more done this week but I underestimated how many errors would happen when I was coding and prefab problems. 
Next week I want to have the animations for the dragon done, this will make the player have a death animation when it hits an obstacle or an enemy, I also want to have an animation or explosion effect when the fireball hits the enemies.
As well as this I want to have the other obstacles in this scene eg rocks and trees to add greater difficulty to the game and enhance the players experience.

Comments

  1. Hi Adam! I must say "wow!" I am very impressed with the progress you are making so far in your game it looks absolutely amazing! I am blown away by the environment, the aesthetics and the characters/players in the game. I have a similar mechanic in my game which is generating enemies/ obstacles in random spots of the terrain. I wonder what other mechanics will you use for this project? Did you put a rigid body inside of the character and if you did, how did you make stay on the terrain? Overall, I am impressed by this game, this looks absolutely amazing I believe you will get a great mark for this. Keep up the good work and I wish you the best for the rest of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Adam, your game looks class, reminds me of Spyro with the dragons and love the village you have also! the fireball spawn too is going to be so cool. Fantastic progress on it and cant wait to see the final game

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Good Sir!,

    Have to say man, your game is looking really good so far. Great to hear you are nearly finished well done! With the "Box Editor" thing, its always the little things that when they arent done the whole game doesn't work and will keep throwing errors or not working as intended lol, Happened me a few times already lol. Cant wait to see how the animations look once completed. They are going to bring the whole thing to the next level that's for sure. Good idea tho to add more obstacles to the scene to make it that bit more challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Adam
    Firstly I must say your assets are amazing, they look so professional well done!
    Secondly, you have made a great start on your game and its coming along really good i must say. That's an extremely brilliant use of code to have the enemies spawn within the region.I hate when the game throws errors and you cant quite figure out the problem, its so annoying.
    Hope it all goes well next week.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello adam , great looking game so far , looks very professional i must say. i wanna see how it plays , as it seems pretty fun . The assists you have used suit the game really well, you made a great choice suing them ones. I get what you mean about the prefabs , they can be very annoying at times. I like the ideas you have for making your game better , like the player falling from the sky to die and so on. Great game so far, looking forward to seeing what it is like when you are finished .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Adam, Your game is looking so well right now! I am so intrigued on how you built up the scene for your game. I have a very bad habit of deleting things from my game and not realising that can feck up my other objects. It looks like you put a lot of time into your game but you enjjoyed it (When of course it went your way) Really excited to see this game in action. Love all the feature you have and can't wait to see what you will do for the animations on the dragon. Best of luck, we are nearly at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Adam the game is looking really good and the graphics look amazing don't know how you managed that looks amazing. Interesting reading on the spawn enemies in your C# script and how u managed to code it so they didn't spawn across your world and in the buildings and how they spawn in the region can't wait to see the game by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yoooooo Adam, Your game is looking great, man. I really like the amount of detail you have put into it and you really gave it that medieval magical type of look, and it really paid off because it looks great, man. Great job on that. Are you going to add animations to your character models? If so, that would be cool. I'm glad your game is coming along well. It looks as though you put loads of hours into it and it paid off, so fair play. I hope to be able to actually play your game when it is completed and best of luck with the finishing touches that you add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sup Adam , Looking through your blog and i just wanna say great work , it's impressive to see what you are able to come up with and it's gonna be even more impressive when the game is ready to go. I would love to see you continue on developing this game after this semester to see what you would be able to do. I feel like you could do great things in this module.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog

Game Brainstorm