Unity Tutorial 04

 Reading Week

Unity Tutorial 04

This week's tutorials were pretty difficult, I felt that the challenge one was way harder than the other two although the other two took way longer. The challenge exercise helped me recall my knowledge but it was frustrating at times.


This task was called Collision Decisions, in this exercise, we were learning about box colliders and how we could control what happens when two prefabs with box colliders on them, In this case, we made them both disappear the moment they collided. This tutorial was pretty straightforward and I enjoyed it too!


This task was the hardest of them all, The whole idea of this task was to make you download a faulty project and get it working perfectly by the end. It took me a lot shorted to finish it in the end but, I felt like this challenge was better for study purposes going forward, it made me think of solutions to the problems I was given and made me use the knowledge that I had gathered from the other tutorials. I did struggle with it but it was for the better. The hints of the things that I needed to fix were at the bottom of the task page and this helped me in targeting the issue, I feel like it would have been so much harder to figure out the problems if that wasn't there to guide me. Overall I think it was a good refresher but painfully frustrating and at times I felt so lost.


I thought this last task was a fun little exercise, although it took me the longest out of them all it was fairly easy going. This tutorial was about trying out jump force and how you could make the player jump under the influence of gravity and impulse. I created a move left script for everything except the man so that it gave the illusion that we were running forward, I put box colliders and ridged boys on the obstacle so that it would hit the player if you didn't jump in time, I also made the obstacle into a prefab and put it into the SpawnManager so that it would clone itself, this would make the player have to jump over multiple obstacles in the game. This was a fun task and I've been waiting to do a 2D obstacle course so i enjoyed it. 











Comments

  1. Hey Adam,

    I'm glad you managed to get through the tutorials okay, because they were quite difficult! I think having a challenge is good when following these tutorials because it makes is concentrate more and will help us remember lines of code that we can use for our game!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog

Alpha

Game Brainstorm