Unity Tutorial 05

 Week 06

Unity Tutorial 05


This week the unity tutorial was very tedious I spent so long on this week one and this was because of the number of small mistakes I made. Most of these mistakes we made through spelling mistakes and missing inputs.
I think that this tutorial was really helpful in showing me how to make a background that can repeat itself, I think this would make my life a whole lot easier when making my game, since its an endless runner ill need to incorporate something like this to make the land seem like its way longer and reduce issues with rendering the lands.
This task showed me that my script communication skills need a lot more improvement, If I don't work on it these tutorials and eventually my project will be long and exhausting when they should need to be. 
Something that really helped me was using the console to locate the errors, usually, I don't look at it or pay any attention to it. This is something I should have started using a long time ago.
The problem was that in the first half of the task I was getting no error messages in the console when clearly something was happening, I talked to my lecturer about it and we were working on it for hours and we couldn't find out what was going on with it. I was then working on it with my classmate and we found out some letters where capitals when they shouldn't be also i changed the constraints to freeze when the player touches the barrier and both of these worked for me and i finally got it working in the end. In the end the biggest problem I had was not paying close attention while i was going along in the first place its its easy to spot the mistakes as you go along but when you look at it as a whole its makes it so much harder to find them when there's so much more content.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog

Alpha

Game Brainstorm