Unity Tutorial 08

Week 09

Unity Tutorial 08

This tutorial was really helpful and was a handy little test. In this tutorial, we learned how to make more enemies spawn in waves and have them slowly rise in numbers using the values "SpawnEnemyWave" this spawns another wave of enemies with an extra enemy when all the enemies from the previous round have fallen off the platform.


This code is what's used to make the enemies spawn each round with an extra enemy. I also added in an if statement for the powerup too, this would make a powerup spawn every round in tandem with the enemies. This makes it a fun experience for the player because as the rounds got harder they're going to need more powerups to compete with the level of gameplay. 

Something useful that I learned today was incrementing the (++) operator, this allowed for the powerup to be spawned every round when it finished, this is a very useful technique that I feel could be very important to my future projects.
This factor is what made this game feel like a game to me and really brought its qualities to life.
These tutorials are getting better and easier every week and I'm looking forward to how I'm going to implement them in my game!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog

Alpha

Game Brainstorm