XR Tutorial 02

Week 15

XR Tutorial 02

In this weeks project tutorials, we will be finally starting to work with the XR and VR tutorials and editing in unity, To start we had to install a new version of unity that has support for mobile, in this case, I chose to make my game for android since I'm going to build the app on my windows laptop. It was confusing to set it up at the start and it was because of this I procrastinated on this task. 
Using google cardboard is a bit confusing because it doesn't seem like you can interact with the things going on in the apps on it.
When I was playing the demo. On the first time I experimented with it when I put the phone in the headset there was no way to click the buttons in the tutorial, I don't know if this is a thing that can be worked around but for the moment I'll see how things go on.

Exploring a VR Museum!


Setting up my device to have a look at the museum scene was a complete nightmare. The instructions are old and dont work with newer versions, Ive looked for workarounds but nothing seems to come up. I hope something turns up soon.

Choosing a Concept!

For this semester out of all the concepts and ideas, I've come up with last week ill be going with a VR Space simulator. I showed this idea to some of my friends and they think this idea would be good and that it could be trippy but also insightful, the question they all had in common was how big would it be and how would I make it manageable without getting confused. I knew making this space manageable would be something that I need to think through, But I think that I'll be able to find a way to make it work.
I want to go with this idea because I think space is cool and can look so nice with gatherings of stars, I also think space is trippy and can be intriguing, there's just something about looking into an endless void that's so interesting.

Product Brief

Target Audience: I want my application to be for anyone really there is no limit needed for something like exploration, It's not going to be incredibly complex because I want my player to understand what's going on without boring them. Something that's easy to pick up with a sense of mystery is more than enough to get people hooked.

Who is this app not for?: This app is not for people who have no interest in spatial exploration or for people who believe in a flat earth or planets in general.

XR Implementation: This application will be VR and it will be 3DOF, I think this is the best course of action for my game. I want the people who use this app to be able to play from the comfort of their house in their chairs, not many people have massive living places to we wandering around in, the last thing I want is for someone to knock something over in their house. Being stationary is all that's really needed and having some moving mechanics in the app would be more practical.

Supporting Technologies: The technology in this app would be really simple I don't want anything too fancy until I find out how exactly google cardboard works with my phone.
When I was using my phone in the headset there was no way of me selecting things without taking the headset off this issue is something that I know very little about and ill do my best to try to figure out more info.
Same goes for the haptic controllers.

Key Features: The key feature of this app would be space exploration and something that can be caught on along the way would be learning about space and what it has to offer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog

Alpha

Game Brainstorm