XR Tutorial 05

Week 18

XR Tutorial 05

This we continuing with the tutorials I learned that you don't actually have to have a headset to test the game that you're making. I think this was a really cool concept, this means that I don't always have to have my headset with me to work on my game or the tutorials.
In this lesson, I learned the inner works of VR and how unity enables it through its assets. 


Adding in simple rooms, In the Project assets, there were 3 rooms to choose from I went with the modern room since I thought it would be cool with a large window with a big view from where the player was looking.


Then I added in a city for the player to view when they are playing the game. I think this idea of a modern apartment in a city out the window created an immersive experience besides the fact that the whole city is greyed out.
I didn't have my headset with me when I was doing this particular task but I could view it using Unity's XR Device Simulator.
I think this is a really neat tool for when you need to test your VR game but don't have a headset with you. There are loads of keyboard shortcuts to learn if you want to make it fast and effective but I find it good for those times when you're stuck.


I still find it hard to understand what's going on with the controls every time I played around with it, it just confused me and it kept showing this warning at the bottom of unity saying "XRRig has been deprecated. Use the XR Origin component instead". I don't have a clue what that means and I hope it doesn't mean anything bad for my project in the future.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog

Alpha

Game Brainstorm