VR Project wk 6 & 7

Week 19

VR Project - New Beginnings

In this semester I will be making a VR game. This time we were given an option to either make a 2D game or a VR/XR application. I decided to go with the VR game because I was feeling pretty confident from last year that I was able to make a game in unity, and this semester we are making the VR game in unity too, so I was thinking that it could be a cool experience. The worst part about learning these tutorials was starting everything up and getting the headset connected to unity. I was shifting between making a game for mobile VR and making one for a headset.
It was really rewarding seeing everything finally come together and knocking all the tutorials out.
With that being said im still learning more about it and the goal is to learn the tutorials as I make the game so as I learn something new I can immediately apply it to my Project, I believe that this will make the whole process easier smoother. in the next 2 weeks, I want to be in a position where I can have my prototype phase done. 
For my game, I want to create a VR experience that will allow the player to learn more about the solar system. They will learn about the planets as well as explore space, I want this to be as free as possible and not have too many restrictions for the player's movement. I might have to make a survey for the movement mechanics, Whether have it as continuous movement or have it teleport movement.


I plan to have this isle layout with the planets going in an order of the Solar system with the sun being in the middle of the scene. 


While I was doing the tutorials I noticed that the teleportation anchors could be really useful for this project. Now, in the tutorials, we did them in the form of mats, this could work for when the player is observing the planets or the stars.
There would be this mat looking object that the player could teleport to and have the info as well as the planet or interesting aspect of space in front of them,
I think this would be good for UI when reading and will make the game smooth and contemporary.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog

Alpha

Game Brainstorm