Project Progress: Prototype wk 9

Week 21

Prototype wk 9

This week im progressing from the game design document, finally making a start on the game Project Solis. This week I laid foundations by bringing in assets to set the scene. I took a milky way skybox asset as well as some planets and the Sun. 
All was going smoothly with the skybox and the sun until realized that the planets I added don't show up with textures in the scene Leaving them a purple, pink colour although its a nice colour it isn't what im going for when it comes to the planet Mercury 


The sun is the only asset out of the package that shows up, In the scene, there are teleport mats scattered around so that the player can get better viewing angles of the planets, so far I have one mat beside where I intend to have the planets.
I think the milky way skybox really brings it all together. 
Something that I want to have completed next week for the prototype would be the info text on each planet and responsive UI to offer a better user experience.


Although the player is able to move around and look at the planets in the scene there still isn't any sign of textures, I watched tutorials on this and I still can't seem to solve the issue.
Hopefully, by next week ill have this sorted in time for the first playable.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Blog

Alpha

Game Brainstorm